HYPERDESMO®-HAA is a unique single component polyurethane liquid membrane, based on the successful combination of Hyperdesmo and Accelerator 3000 which throughout the years has provided applicators with a solution for a fast curing, bubble free thick layer membrane. Our commitment to R&D and investment and our efforts to continuously upgrade our Chemical processing plant has allowed us to formulate a Hyperdesmo® with the Accelerator 3000 incorporated in a blocked fashion, that upon contact with humidity is released and self- accelerates the curing of the material in a similar manner as the Accelerator 3000.
Due to its unique formulation, it cures rapidly to form a completely defect free membrane with excellent mechanical and elastomeric properties. This product is ideal for use during the winter months or in climates with relatively low humidity.
Furthermore, the fact that the minimum consumption can now be achieved in only one coat, reduces labor cost and eliminates previous drawbacks of the Hyperdesmo® + Accelerator system such as short working time or problems associated with using Hyperdesmo on its own in multilayer coats adhesion failure.
apply with brush, roller or airless spraying Minimum consumption: ±1.5 kg/m2.
The product complies with the EU guideline for this type of materials, ΕΟΤΑ (European Organization of Technical Approval).
Waterproofing and protection of:
• Gypsum and cement boards,
• polyurethane insulation foams,
• verandas and balconies,
• light roofing made of metal or fibrous cement,
• asphalt membranes,
• EPDM membranes.
Not recommended for:
• Unsound substrates,
• waterproofing of swimming pool surfaces in contact with chemically treated water.
• Primer usage is necessary, please refer to primer selection table or contact our technical department.
When used in dark colours for exposed use, a protective topcoat of HYPERDESMO®-ADY-E (always pigmented) is required.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Fast curing! Skin formation time of 2 hours.
• Bubble and defect free membrane.
• No thinning is required but SOLVENT-01 may be used.
• Excellent weather and UV resistance. The white colour reflects much of the solar energy and so reduces the internal temperature of buildings considerably.
• Excellent thermal resistance, the product never turns soft. Recommended service temperature 80 oC, max shock temperature 200 oC.
• Resistance in the cold: The film remains elastic even down to -40 oC.
• Excellent mechanical properties, high tensile and tear strength, high abrasion resistance.
• Good chemical resistance.
• Moisture vapor transmission: The film breathes so there is no accumulation of humidity under the coat.
• Special primers available for almost every substrate.
Can be successfully applied on:
Concrete, fibrous cement, mosaic, cement roof tiles, old (but well adhered) acrylic and asphalt coats, wood.
For information about other substrates, please contact our tech department.
Concrete substrate conditions (standard):
• Hardness: R28 = 15Mpa.
• Humidity: W < 10%.
• Temperature: 5-35 oC.
• Relative humidity: < 85%.
Primer selection for special conditions and substrates:
Please refer to the Primer Selection Table..
Clean the surface using a high pressure washer, if possible. Remove oil, grease and wax contaminants. Cement laitance, loose particles, mould release agents, cured membranes must be removed. Fill surface irregularities with the necessary product.
Apply the required primer following the guidelines above.
Use a low speed (300 rpm) mixer. Add SOLVENT-01 5-10% for application by spraying.
Apply the material with roller or brush in one or two, coats. Do not exceed 48 hours between coats. If more time passes (for example more than 4 days) or if you are unsure of the interlayer adhesion, please contact our technical department.
Minimum total consumption: ±1,5 kg/m2.
Clean tools and equipment first with paper towels and then using SOLVENT-01. Rollers will not be re-usable.
1 kg, 6 kg, 15 kg, 25 kg and 200 kg drums.
Can be kept for minimum 12 months in the original unopened pails in dry places and at temperatures of 5-25 oC. Once a pail has been opened, use as soon as possible.
Contains volatile flammable solvents. Apply in well-ventilated, no smoking areas, away from naked flames. In closed spaces use ventilators and carbon active masks. Keep in mind that solvents are heavier than air so they creep on the floor. The MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) is available on request.