All the characteristics of a purple Welsh natural slate with all the advantages of a modern building material.
Our ongoing commitment means we’re always striving to improve our products. The GRC Welsh purple is no exception with it’s new deeper richer colour being more representative of a natural purple Welsh slate.
Rilco reproduction slates provide a cost effective alternative, with a combination of an easy to lay format, the Welsh Purple slate delivers a significant saving on time and labour costs.
- Weight – 30kgm2
- Construction – Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete
- Fixings – 35mm Copper or Aluminium alloy nails to BS 5534:2003 codes of practice for slating and tiling
- Durability – To BS 7543:2003, ‘The durability of building and building elements, products and components’
- Colour – Coloured through with pigments to BS 1014
- Fire – None combustible to BS 476 P.T.4
- Freeze / Thaw – Products comply to BS EN 492:2012
- Strength – Better than BS EN 492:2012
- Permeability – To BS EN 492:2012
- Sizes 600mm x 300mm (24”x12”)
- Indented to facilitate either 75mm or 100mm headlap
- Under eaves and under ridge slates (no cutting)
- Slate and a half available
- Uniform size, no grading required
- Direct to site deliveries