Unique one component, polyurethane-based, low modulus joint sealant, combining classic polyurethane technology with hybrid technology, with outstanding thixotropic properties
HYPERSEAL®-25LM-S is a novel low modulus expansion joint sealant, especially formulated to contain both PU and silylated-PU technology, thus giving rise to a sealant which includes the best of both technologies. It has been modified in order to give enhanced thixotropic properties.
It cures by reaction with atmospheric humidity to produce a joint sealant with a 50% joint movement accommodation factor and excellent adhesion on substrates traditionally problematic for PU sealants, e.g. glass, aluminum, steel, polycarbonate, etc.. Additionally, the sealant has been modified in order to have extrusion profile identical to hybrid PU or MS technology. The extrusion rate and tooling of the sealant remain the same throughout a very wide range of temperature and humidity conditions.
The sealant is easy to apply even in very low temperatures and the storage stability is unlike any polyurethane sealant in the market.
Sealing joints in:
• Insitu concrete,
• expansion concrete plates,
• precast panels,
• brick and block work,
• water tanks and swimming pools,
• metal frames,
• aluminum windows and panels,
• irrigation channels,
• granite & marble.
In this case the substrate must be primed with MICROPRIMERTM, which will re-enforce the concrete and produce a strong durable substrate for sealant application.
• Highly porous substrates, dusty surfaces or poorly compacted concrete, must have their porous bond area surfaces thoroughly sealed to avoid the possibility of air bubbles being blown into the uncured sealant if the substrate temperature rises.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Excellent adhesion on almost any type of surface, with or without the use of special primers.
• Excellent extrusion, tooling and storage stability over wide range of climatic conditions.
• Excellent chemical resistance, suitable for sealing joints in swimming pools and chemically treated water.
• Low modulus, joint movement accommodation 50%.
• Microorganism and fungus resistant.
• Application under water immersion possible.
• Excellent heat resistance, suitable for application where exposure to temperatures >60°C take place.
• Resistance to cold: The sealant remains elastic even down to -40 oC
Clean joint thoroughly, and ensure that no oil, grease and wax contaminants, silicone remains are present.
For many applications, primer is not required. In the case of application on very porous substrates,
bond area surfaces thoroughly to avoid the possibility of air bubbles being blown into the uncured sealant if the substrate temperature rises. The recommended primer is MICROPRIMERTM.
Apply backing material such as open cell polyurethane or a closed cell polyethylene backing rod. Although both types of backing rod are recommended care must be taken when using the closed cell polyethylene rod that the outer skin not be punctured as in rising temperature conditions it may cause bubbling. Backing rod application is important as it ensures that the correct width to depth ratio is achieved provides a
firm backing against which the sealant can be tooled off.
Slide the sealant into the applicator gun, cut off the very end of the sealant packaging and fit the gun with the nozzle that has been cut to deliver the right bead size.
Extrude the sealant into the joint ensuring that no air is trapped in the joint. Wide joints will require more than one pass of the application gun to make sure that sealant is in full contact with the sides and bottom of the joint.
Tooling is recommended immediately after the application of sealant.
The ratio width to depth should be 2:1 subject to a minimum depth of 10mm
Linear meters per 600cc sausage:
300 cc cartridge
12 months minimum in the original packaging when stored in dry places and at temperatures of 5-25 oC. Once opened, use as soon as possible.
EU-Declaration of Performance
In accordance with Annex III of Regulation (EU) No.305/2011
(Construction Product Regulation)
For the product “HYPERSEAL® 25 LM-S”
The notified body (0761):
fur das Bauwesen
EN 15651 – part 1 & part 4
The product is used as a single-component, polyurethane-based joint sealant for façade elements and for walkways.